Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Chatsworth House

Chatsworth House 
Today we went to Chatsworth House. It was amazing, probably one of my favorite places yet. Firstly let me say this England is Beautiful I love traveling on the rail and on the bus and just being able to look out my window and see the green hills and to just be in awe at the beauty around me. As we were driving up to the Chatsworth House I was in love at first sight. It was amazing.

We had the wonderful opportunity to see the interiors of the house and to see the gardens. First I went to see the Gardens. They were amazing I felt like I walked into Narnia. The flowers were incredible I loved all the rock sculptures and water features. I even loved the maze, and just looking around and getting lost in the scenery. Chatsworth House is the home of the Duke of Devonshire and is over 180 acres in just the gardens alone. It is amazing to see how large this estate is. This was also the sight for the recent movie Pride and Prejudice for all you Jane Austen Fans out there so it was cool to see where Darcy was living.







The Interior of the Chatsworth House was equally as magnificent as the gardens. It took my breath away. I loved all of it. It was really cool to see work done by Grinling Gibbons, he was so talented. I also loved all art work and just the detailing that was put into the house. One part that I really like was this wall paper that  I just thought was beautiful. And even though I thought that was beautiful I would continue to walk and just be more and more in awe. As we came to the end of the route the Library and the Dining room were probably two of my favorite rooms. I just loved how they were set up, they had a different feel to them than places we have visited before. When I looked at these rooms initially they felt welcoming and I wanted to grab a book and just sit down and read, or I wanted to be a guest at dinner. Overall I loved Chatsworth House it was a place of beauty and could be mistaken for Narnia if you weren't careful.
Grinling Gibbons 

No comments:

Post a Comment