Saturday, May 28, 2011

Like the locals do

Today was probably one of my more exciting days here so far. Early this morning we started off at V&A Museum which stands for Victoria and Albert. This museum was amazing, to put it in perspective take the Denver Art Museum and multiply it by 10. Right next door was another museum, the museum of Nature and Science, this one was really popular, there was a line (que) outside of people waiting to enter. I have never seen a line that long for a museum. Now I understand why Americans are so dumb sometimes, instead of waiting in line to be educated we wait in line for things like new releases in video games, roller coasters and other useless things.
One of my favorite things about the V&A was the architecture.
Here are some pictures:

I think that the detailing is perfect!
Once you walk in it is literally like opening a present on Christmas, your eyes light up and you are so excited to see everything inside. Wow I sound like a nerd! Any ways when you walk in right away there is a really cool fixture hanging from the ceiling.
Way cool, right?
This museum was a lot of fun. Instead of it being the usual pictures from textbooks or lectures I actually had the opportunity to see the furniture from William and Mary or the detailing in marquetry (which is a masterpiece in itself.)

After lunch we met up again to go to the Tate Modern museum and on the way we got to see some exciting treats! We saw the memorial for the fires of London, the bridge that everyone thinks is the London bridge and then the actual London bridge, and Shakespeare's globe.

The Memorial
What people thing is London Bridge
The Actual London Bridge

Shakespeare's Globe Theatre

Then we got to the Tate Museum of Modern Art, which has some pretty insane art in it. It reminded me of TOK when we talk about art and what is considered art and why. Some of the art in there really seemed like I could have done if only I had thought of it first. But it was a cool place to gain perspective and inspiration especially for something like modern design. Speaking of, I now know where the inspiration for the Interior Design office came from.

Then finally my night ended just right! I went to the ManU vs FCBarca game! It was a blast to be able to be a part of the life here in London and to actually celebrate, and cheer like the locals do. Ok maybe I didn't celebrate as much as they did because every one here loves to get wasted on game day! It was a blast talking to the ManU fans and listening to them try to talk to us like we speak another language even though we all speak english just slightly different variations of english. It was a lot of fun to be a part of. I loved watching Football It was great! And I am really stoked that Barcelona won 3-1! What a great way to end my night!




2 comments:

  1. It looks like you are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you and all the fun adventures you are having. I wish that blogger would let me comment normally, but I have to be anonymous to do it lol. I can't wait to hear all the other grand adventures you are having and look forward to your next posting! Love you sooo much! Mom =0)

    ReplyDelete